Friday, July 29, 2005

Steve Guttenberg has finally gone stark raving mad.


A post released today from Zap2it-TV News has confirmed our worst fears, Steven Robert Guttenberg has lost his mind. I can only imagine how the years of hard living have taken their toll on a once great comedic talent. The fall from grace can be hard, but I always felt like he'd be back one day. I prefer to remember him how he was.



It's just so much easier to focus on the past accomplishments. The way that Sgt. Carey Mahoney made us laugh, the way that Michael Kellam made us feel, the way that his uncredited role in 1977's Messenger really tied the film together. I try to remember the Steve Guttenberg that had his own action figure, the Steve Guttenberg that hosted Saturday Night Live on December 13, 1986... not this shell of a man that he's become. So, Steve, if you see this, strap on that shiny silver unitard, find a new dog, you can borrow Steve Earle's Chevy Pickup! Godspeed Mr. Guttenberg, Godspeed!

(Side Note: While searching Google for Guttenberg pictures the one below came up. I have no reason for posting it other than I think it's freakin' hillarious.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home