Tuesday, January 10, 2006

The Top Tens are In!

Kevin, Aaron and I have tossed together our top ten films of the year, and on Kevin's suggestion I'm going to post them for your enjoyment. I can't speak for everyone's list, but having not seen Capote, Brokeback Mountain, A History of Violence, Munich, The Constant Gardener, Rent, King Kong, Batman Begins, etc. I can hardly call it a complete list. Having said that, please be gentle.

Kevin

1. Munich
2. Rent
3. King Kong
4. Batman Begins
5. The Constant Gardner
6. Revenge of the Sith
7. Cinderella Man
8. Harry Poter and the Goblet of Fire
9. Walk the Line
10. Wedding Crashers

Aaron

1) Munich
2) King Kong
3) A History of Violence
4) Syriana
5) The Constant Gardener
6) Wedding Crashers
7) Star Wars: Episode III
8) Kingdom of Heaven -- lots of people hate this, but I love it.
9) War of the Worlds
10) Apocalypse Now

Yeah, I know Apocalypse Now is not 2005. But, I had trouble coming up with #10 (not wanting to put Fantastic Four there because that would just be too much) and this year I saw it uninterrupted for the first time ever and it immediately vaulted into my all-time top 5.

Cory

1. Good Night and Good Luck
2. The Forty Year Old Virgin
3. Sin City
4. Walk The Line
5. The Aristocrats
6. Alexander (did this come out this year? I thought it was pretty effing good, maybe I'm just crazy)
7. Star Wars III
8. Crash
9. Saw II
10. March of the Penguins

So, there you go, feel free to make comments. I hope to see some of the aforementioned critical darlings and update my list at some point. As for Aaron and Kevin, well, they just see more movies than Roger Ebert.

9 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

Hey Cory. I agree with you on most of your selection. I thought 40 year old virgin was so funny. I just watched Crash a couple nights ago and loved it. March of the Penguins is great too. I am waiting to watch the first Saw before watching the second one. I agree with Aaron and whoever this Kevin guy is on Wedding Crashers. I watched that just last night. I didn't expect it to be that good. We have also rented, but not seen yet, Valient and Transporter 2.

9:02 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

...also, if you guys haven't watched The 4 Brothers please do. It is an awesome movie!

9:04 AM  
Blogger I changed my name so it wouldn't be so nasty! said...

I do not expect Transporter 2 to make many year-end "Best of" lists.

9:28 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Okay, so the story line wasn't great but the action was. I plan on watching that movie again today. I love the fight scenes and that transporter!!!

5:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're an idiot, Cory. Alexander is infinitely mroe unbearable than Pi ever was. It's one of the worst films I've ever seen. What the hell, how on earth can you like it? There's quite literally NO redeeming qualities. That's just unbelievable
MNTFRT

8:38 AM  
Blogger Cory said...

Dear MNTFRT (if that is your real name),

Any ounce of credibility you had flew out the window the moment that you suggested that anyone, anywhere at any time has made a film that is more (or as you say, "mroe") unbearable than Pi.

CRYGRHM

5:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn the mroe! Damn the mroe to hell!

OOO

8:09 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Thanks mom. Just wanted to say that I watched The Constant Gardener. I have mixed feelings about this movie. I liked it and it ended really good. However, I go kind of nuts and get impatient with movies that have you wondering throughout the whole thing. Maybe it was just me but I was wondering about the letter and if she was seeing that guy on the side or not.

4:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll direct that one to Aaron and/or Kevin, being that I haven't seen it. If you do decide to post an answer please include a spolier alert for those of us that haven't seen it.

- Cory (from another computer)

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home