Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Woo Hoo! Football!

Thanks to the awesome power of the internet you'll be granted the ability to keep track of my sports betting wins/losses. Granted, I don't plan on actually betting much this year, so I'm just going to post the bets that I had planned on making, now that my anonymous bet taker fellow has retired.

All bets will be the minimum 20 dollar bet, unless otherwise noted. There is a 2 dollar "juicing" fee for a loss.

1. NC State v. (8) VA Tech.
Line: Tech by 13
Pick: NC State

Don't get me wrong, VA Tech is going to be the real deal this season. However, it just appeared to me that a young starting QB (Don Mexico) against a tough NC State defense would still provide a win, but not a double-digit win. Besides, haven't we learned not to believe the hype about VA Tech by now? It seems to me that every year someone picks them to really make some noise, often to win the National Title (this year is no different) and we're yet to see one... ok, to be fair the Hokies Women's Table Tennis squad did pull a National Title this year.

Final Score: (8) VA Tech 20 - NC State 16

2. (9) Miami (FL) v. (14) Florida State
Over/Under: 37
Pick: Over

I have to say, Shane warned me about this one. In hindsight you should always listen to Shane when it comes to Miami Football (well, except when he's picking the winner). Inexperience on both sides came shining through, field goals were once again an issue, and yet another over hyped Miami v. FSU game bores the nation to death. I agree with most people that football in general is better when these teams are title contenders, but at a certain point I just get tired of hearing about them. Oh, and in case you didn't already know, I can't stand either of these street gangs masquerading as football teams.

Final Score: (14) FSU 10 - (9) Miami (FL) 7

So, there you have it. Counting the "juice" I'm currently two dollars in the hole. Certainly could have been a worse start to the season, so I'm not complaining.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home