Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Well, yesterday came and went with a bang. On the positive side, my college basketball picks this year are 3-0, on the negative side, none of the teams that I actually liked were able to pull it off.

First, West Virginia. I've been telling people all year that WVU was the real deal, and they proved it last night. Had the ever-so-useless Pittsnogle been able to hit ONE OF THREE of the free throws he was handed on a silver platter the game could have ended quite differently... unfortunately he was too busy thinking about scoring some crank or beating his wife. However, as predicted WVU did cover the spread, so go me!

Kentucky. WOW. Apparently there weren't many people out on the limb with me on this game. A friend of mine (and a sensible sports gambler) predicted a Kentucky victory by six points, I agreed that it was possible, but held with my pick that Iowa would pull the upset. They did, and to be honest, Tubby's bunch looked like the Powell County Pirates for most of the game.

UConn. Can anyone explain to me why this game went off at four points? This had to be the lock of the year. In fact, I should really just count my win-loss stats at 2-0, this was candy from a baby.




I'm not even a particularly big Pete Rose/Reds fan, but a screw job is a screw job. Rose's contributions to baseball on the field far outweigh his problems off of the field. Let the man into the hall of fame, period.

Are they going to keep Pete out but let Sammy Sosa in (corked bat)? Will they allow Rafael Palmeiro in to the hall (steroids)? Be realistic here, with the shady condition of baseball these days, betting on a few games, especially betting on your team to WIN is really a misdemeanor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home