Wednesday, March 08, 2006

I once had a discussion with a friend of mine about monsters, the point of the discussion being that monsters are real. As a kid you're taught not to believe in monsters, that they're just things that you see in the movies and they're all special effects and makeup. However, the point was made that monsters are everywhere, we've just gotten used to them.

For example, spiders (especially those giant African spiders). Sure, we're used to spiders and all, but how can you argue that they aren't monsters. If you had never seen a spider, then one day a giant African face-eating one was on your ceiling you'd lose your damn mind... MONSTER! The same goes for tons of really scary looking creatures that we've gotten used to. For example: sharks, pythons, crocodiles, that little thing that swims up your urine stream and can only be gotten rid of by cutting off your wiener, and of course... lobsters.

... and if good old fashioned lobster monsters weren't good enough for you, don't worry, we've found a brand new lobster with feathered hair and poofy bangs!

I do have to say that this lobster, however, seems less scary than a normal one. Maybe because it looks a little like Hulk Hogan... and he'd never hurt us.

I never spring for the lobster when I go out to dinner, but I can promise you that if I ever see the Jon Bon Lobster on the menu, I'll pony up the dough. I guess the only question remaining is how long it will take Long John Silvers to throw on some faux-butter-batter and serve it up in a cardboard tub?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That lobster looks like something you'd win throwing darts at balloons at the Powell County Fair.

7:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I should also note that your last two posts have involved the word "monster." Will the next post be about underrated REM albums of the mid-to-late 1990s? Or maybe movies involving Charlize Theron?

7:50 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

I love spiders. I think the most frightning monsters are snakes. Any snake for that matter. I have nightmares about them and I am even afraid to hang my feet over the edge of the bed fearing that there might be a snake down there. Maybe I should bring this up with my therapist.

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home