Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Today is Tuesday, somewhat of a holy day amongst the people I know. Tuesday is the day that so many of us, from so many places make the long pilgrimage to Mecc... I mean, Peppers for Local Trivia Action. But today isn't like every other day, you see, today I look forward to a rousing game of bar trivia with a Gorilla in the room (yes, Chad will be there, but that's not what I'm talking about). Our last bout with trivia left a few of us scarred, shaken, and conufsed. A commanding lead in the first half, an acceptable half time, and then an utter meltdown in the second half brought our score crashing down to 23. If you've never played this game, let me put it to you this way, 23 is just above flunking out of the "special classes" in high school. Twenty-three is roughly the level of intelect required to breathe, or be elected Governor of Texas.

So as I walked to my car, pondering how I was going to hold my head up and walk back into the very place where my greatest shame was exhibited to tens of people, something happened. A blinding light roared from the sky, knocking me to my knees. The sound of angels singing and the dulcet tones of harps gently filled the air. Then, in a voice soft and clear I heard, "This is for you, you'll know what to do with it."

I reached out to recieve a gilded scroll, tied with the finest velvet and scented with what can only be described as an otherworldly pleasure. As I opened the scroll the words brought tears to my eyes. I choked up, took a deep breath, and with tears now streaming down my face looked to this angel and said, "Thank you, oh Lord thank you."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home