Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Hey Hey!

I've finally returned to my normal life. All medical issues on my own part have been corrected, and my father is back home recovering from what turned out to be a five-bypass heart surgery. So, Kwanzaa was a bit stressful this year, but we lit the menorah and put presents under the winter tree anyway.

I received some dandy Christmas gifts, including a new television. Hopefully this will put to bed the constant stream of jokes that seemed to surround my old set. I also broke a promise to myself, a rather important one at that. I had long ago promised never to set foot in or around the Fayette Mall on the day after Christmas... well, I did it. I can promise you, it was bad. Maybe not Vietnam bad, but at least Grenada.

I also managed to check out Wolf Creek while I was in the big town last night. To say that Wolf Creek is a bad film is to insult the entire medium by referring to it as a "film." To put it quite bluntly, Wolf Creek tries as hard as it can to redefine crap, but doesn't even succeed in that endeavor. The film begins with three roughly 18-22 year-olds on a road trip through the Aussie Outback. It's a slow start, and unfortunately 45 minutes and several completely irrelevant and forgettable characters later, they're still on the road trip.

The first half of this movie is boring. By boring I mean, I would gladly have traded places with the actors in the 2nd half of the film if it had meant never sitting through the first. Of course, very predictably, the car doesn't start and the kids have to get a tow from a guy that may as well have "Crazy Killer" written on his shirt. At this point, now roughly an hour into the film with absolutely NOTHING having happened, part of me fully expected to head back to the garage, get the car fixed and roll the credits.

Of course that's not what happens, and a few fairly grizzly scenes later the movie ends. The ending, of course, being almost as climactic as walking in on your friends setting up for your surprise party... pure garbage. No stars, and F-, not even a .4 out of 10. In fact, this film now ranks in the top five worst films I've ever seen. Which, at this time consists of:

1. The Avengers
2. Pi
3. (I'm leaving three open, I just can't decide between them all)
4. Wolf Creek
5. Land of the Dead

Moral: Don't watch Wolf Creek.

One other update, I'll be hosting Local Trivia Action tonight at the Malabu Pub in Lexington. You can also catch me at Shamrock on Thursday and Trump's on Friday, so try to make it to one of the shows, it's more fun when you know someone.

No, I won't let you cheat, just ask Brinton.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home