Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Hooray! It's my 200th post!

I had no idea that I'd enjoy this blogging thing this much. Oh well, live and learn.

So, the whiskey came out last night. Not for me, mind you, I'm not much of a whiskey drinker. I certainly enjoy watching people drink it, but my whiskey/bourbon intake is pretty much limited to a couple of glasses of Woodford Reserve at Keeneland twice a year.


Now, I won't name any names, as some of the people I know probably wouldn't like the world to know that they're up for a whiskey party on a Tuesday night. However, it should be said that these people (myself included... but I'd just had a cold beer or two) truly did unlock the mysteries of the universe. I will now share with you some rock-solid, factual information about the world around you that you may not be aware of.

The Dreamers may be the most brilliant film of all time (if you don't count any of the films that it borrows heavily from).

Akira Kurosawa is a genius, but The Seven Samurai may be a little overrated.

There is no war on Christmas.

Bill O'Reilly is a jackass.

The Velvet Underground is the greatest band of all time.

"These new bands need to quit prancing around on stage with no shirt, if you ain't Iggy Pop then you look f*@#ing retarded!"

Kodachrome is a great song.

So is The Weight.

Everyone in the world is looking forward to King Kong.

And, apparently I can be quite satisfied to sit in my car for hours on end singing Oasis' "All Around the World." ... by myself if need be.

Another boring night saved by whiskey... thank you, Julius Kessler.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

I've heard whiskey makes you say crazy, regrettable things...I stick with Riesling.

BTW, I like that you drink--not shots of whiskey--but glasses. Nice.

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home