Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Xenophobia in the United States has now officially reached the highest level of absurdity yet. An administrative official, representing a school in Lowell, MA has now called for all emergency exit signs to be exclusively displayed in English. His reasoning was, of course, perfectly thought out and extremely logical, "It's just starting with the signs, but I can see they are getting a foot in the door, and the next thing you know we'll have a separate curriculum in Spanish."

It's this simple, folks. If you're buying into this then you should be ashamed of yourself. If you think that kicking 10 million working people out of this country is the biggest issue facing the United States right now, then you're hopeless. If you're willing to take your eyes off of the botched war in Iraq, the bribery scandals, the NSA scandals and the throngs of other impeachable offenses carried out on a daily basis by this administration to go down to the US/Mexican border and build a six-foot fence then you just may be hopeless.

Of course, when I thought that this idiocy had reached critical mass I never considered that maybe I was underestimating the American public's ability to be whipped into a frenzy over idiotic issues (the economy is tanking, but so help me God... if you sing the national anthem in Spanish...). Then I saw this cartoon, taken from one of our country's very own newspapers. I'm not even going to comment on how ridiculous this is. I'll just leave that to you... but you should feel free to.

After all, you are an illegal immigrant. This nation is nothing but illegal immigrants... well, except for these guys...

... but there really aren't enough of them left to matter, right?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked what Carlos Mencia said about the immigration problem. *Note: I am just paraphrasing here* If people really want to help with the immigration problem and keep terrioists out then quit wathching the Mexican border and go to the Canadian border. That's were the terriorists came from in most of the attacks..across the Canadian border. He continues on and it's very funny and he has a point. It was in his stand up special "No Strings Attached". I would continue on but where I am white and if I use the terms he uses I could get into trouble. Which again I think is total bull, but that is another day on another soap box. I hate potlitcal correctness.

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home