Friday, October 20, 2006

The NLCS is over, the Mets are going home. At least since game 7 was in New York they don't have too far to travel.

Even though the game didn't end the way I'd have liked, I have to say that it was one of the most exciting baseball games I've ever had the joy of watching. I'd comment on every pitch, but since many of you can't stand sports posts, let me just include this brilliant article from Jayson Stark (which is much better than I could have done anyway).

The season is essentially over for me. I don't really love or hate either of the teams heading to the World Series, so the winner won't make my year or break my heart (unlike the past two October Classics that left me glued to televisions throughout Lexington). I guess I'll have to wait until spring training to break out the ol' "How 'Bout Them Mets" line again... but it's ready for use.

Aw hell, I guess I'll just cheer for the Cardinals and watch the games... after all, who am I fooling here?

4 Comments:

Blogger Cory said...

Just thought I'd tag another quote on here. Bill Simmons did his online play-by-play for ESPN Page 2 for this particular game. He started off by pointing out how dreadful the game was going to be, regularly calling it "Quadruple A" baseball.

By the end of the night he offered up this quote, "8:41 -- ... and he walks! Holy crap. Bases loaded, two outs, Beltran up. I don't care about either team and I want to throw up. Agonizing. This game might make the cut at ESPN Classic yet."

I liked that.

7:10 AM  
Blogger I changed my name so it wouldn't be so nasty! said...

Aw, hell, give your lonstanding deep-rooted love of the Mets, maybe you can just cast them aside and root for the Tigers. :)

7:02 AM  
Blogger Cory said...

I'm starting to think that the Shane Carpenter school of sports-fannery may be the way to go. It makes every season exciting!

I guess I'll switch up and get behind the Tigers. I mean, come on, he can sing, he can make chicken AND he can cheat his way into the record books... is there anything the man CAN'T do!?

6:30 AM  
Blogger Temporarily sane said...

No, don't ever root for the Tigers. They are evil. I heard that they get their money from the Bush's. That's right. They pumped money in the program cause they didn't want the White Sox to return to the series for what they did to the Astros last year. HA HA.

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home