Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Today I decided to be a responsible American and do a little research on the Sunni/Shiite conflict. I'd grabbed snippets from the news and various websites, but hadn't really fully explored the differences or the origin of the conflict. My first thoughts were, "uhm... okaaay," upon seeing a mountain of Islamic terminology, names and dates that made this seem like far more of a daunting task than I had originally anticipated.

However, after a few minutes I managed to get my head around the big picture, leaving me open to explore the details. Now, I'm not going to post a mammoth entry about the differences between these warring factions. If you want to know more about it, then follow this link and start to explore. I just mentioned that as a way to explain how I found something that I found equally, if not more interesting.

Apparently the whole Iraqi debacle just really isn't that big of a deal in the mind of our current administration. We can thank everyone's favorite racist, Trent Lott, for blowing the lid off of that one by complete accident... way to go Trent!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home