Friday, October 28, 2005


To no real surprise it's now been confirmed that there were some shady dealings in the 2004 Presidential Election. I really wish that I could find the energy to become outraged.

Around noon I started to feel a bit peckish, so I set off on foot in search of food. After taking in some fresh air and switching back and forth on the ol' ipod for a few minutes I discovered a hole in the wall Mexican place that looked like a winner. I walked in and immediately noticed something different about the place... I was the ONLY English speaking guy in the joint. We're talking forty Mexicans enjoying a feast and my cracker ass.

Apparently this place operated as some sort of clubhouse for the Mexican underground of San Diego, so I decided to place my order to go. Luckily, my Spanish is good enough to say "Carne Asada Taco" and "Chorizo Burrito," but from that point on it was all touch and go. I paid, took my food, and set back out to the apartment to enjoy what must be a fantastic mexi-meal.

Nope.

Probably the worst Mexican food that I've ever had in my life. In hindsight I guess that story really isn't that fascinating unless you were there and being stared down by the entire staff of Ricard's. Oh well.

Off to dinner and adventure and then the weekend in the Vineyards/L.A.!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home