Friday, February 03, 2006

Additional Busey discussion.


While doing some Busey snooping I came across this Christian film froma few years ago. Now, I haven't seen the film, but based on the poster I can assume that it's probably not Citizen Kane. However, I'd like to point out a few things about this film that are making me laugh.

1. "From the Makers of: LEFT BEHIND: THE MOVIE." I'm going to assume that most of you haven't seen "LEFT BEHIND: THE MOVIE," and that's most certainly wise. However, in the interest of fair and balanced reporting I actually did sit through (most of) LEFT BEHIND: THE MOVIE. Even for a low budget attempt at an action packed thriller, even for a film that stars Kirk Cameron and even for a film that beats you over the head with religious fervor it's bad. It's not just bad... I've seen middle school student films that were better, I'm serious... I really have.

2. Surely the people responsible for making these straight-to-video religious films can find SLIGHTLY better actors than these. Here's a hint, just because I recognize the names of the people in the film, doesn't make them stars. When you can only pull Margot Kidder, Gary Busey and HOWIE MANDEL, just go with unknowns.

3. Gary Busey's face on the poster. Have you ever seen anyone less interested in being on a movie poster? His expression reads, "Damn, how did I get here?" I don't know, but judging by Howie's face it's quite shocking.

4. This poster has the best review tagline EVER. In case you can't make it out it says, "The Best End of Time Film - Hollywood Jesus." For the record, I checked out Hollywood Jesus. This is the most visually annoying site I've seen in ages. It looks as if a crack team of high school freshman girls worked round the clock to bring us this masterpiece.

5. Just click here and read the plot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home