Wednesday, May 17, 2006

The 2006 Democratic Primary is finally over. I'm sure that you're expecting an analysis of the campaigns or at least a few snide comments, but I'm going to pass on that. When it all comes out in the wash we'll see that the majority of candidates ran reasonably clean campaigns and relied on hard work and handshakes. However, more than one of our candidates decided to try a different path, one that involved spreading vicious lies, bullying opposition supporters and muckraking. I don't think that it's just a coincidence that the results went this way. It looks like the people of Powell County reacted in the negative to such filthy campaign tactics.

So, now all that's left to do is move on. If you won, congratulations... if you didn't then better luck next time. There is no more cruel game than politics, the stakes are high financially and emotionally. The stress takes it's toll not only on you, but on your friends and loved ones as well. I guess we have to ask ourselves if the end result is really worth all that goes into getting there? I think so, but I could change my mind by the Fall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home