Monday, August 21, 2006

Congratulations to the Skullz (or should I say, the Skullz Return)....

Yes, I pilfered that line from someone, but what's the harm in that?

Hopefully everyone will make it out tomorrow night to the one and only Peppers on the bypass in Rifle City! The meet and greet with your trivia world champions will begin around 7:30 PM with autograph signings throughout the night (I have a Brinton Epperson rookie card!).

In case you missed out on the news, the Eastern Kentucky boys rocked up and whooped them there big city fellers in a battle of smarts. To the best of my knowledge, the Cup of Knowledge (trivia's answer to the Stanley Cup) is making it's way east of Fayette County for the first time in history. I fully expect to see all of you coming out for the ticker-tape parade... which will essentially consist of Besty throwing napkin scraps at everyone.

A Google Image Search for the word "trivia" gave me this picture... the kitty is too cute to pass up.

Unconfirmed rumors allege that if you found yourself a participant in the crawl then this may not be the week to miss, as people will be gathering to decide exactly how to spend the hard-earned trivia bucks. I didn't get to play (Don's rules, not mine), so my voice is muted... but for the record, I vote that some of the money be spent on beer.

I've retooled the music for tonight's event. The guest dj's are slacking off, the "indie shit" isn't flying, so I've decided to straddle the line between Don and Frosty with a few of my own touches thrown in. It should be a party, and hopefully one that lasts well into the evening. If Puff is still awake when people are leaving then I'm going to be terribly disappointed!!

Pictured above, from right to left: Kenny Rice, Cody Meadows, Aaron Saylor, Chad Birch

So, come one, come all.

Celebrate The Skullz.
Celebrate trivia
Celebrate victory

... or, as Nathan Willoughby once said of trivia, "get drunk and take tests."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey ,
Where did you find the picture of our first and only studio album? that was a golden time, back before Chad discovered sid-burns, Cody discovered new postions to wear ballcaps , Aaron discovered his first copy of Screenwriting for dummies and before I had discovered that the world, did not , in fact, revolve in tiny orbits around me.

12:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is bullshit. I was in the band too.

Yeah, yeah, who remembers the drummer?

12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home