Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Ok, I'll get back to the mystery post from yesterday a little later... Friday maybe. But for now I'd like to focus on something I've had it up to here with.

I'm had it with waiting on theshe motherf**king snakes on this motherf**king plane!

However, the wait is finally over. Friday... Friday it's here. What may very well end up being the biggest movie of the summer will be rolling at a theater near you in a matter of hours. I can't imagine that any of you have spent enough time under a rock to not know what I'm talking about, so I won't go into the amazing script to screen saga that brought us to this moment. Instead I'll just ramble on for a bit about what has become one of the most anticipated moments of 2006 for me.

I've had a great summer, one full of highlights too numerous to mention. At least once a week I've been lucky enough to discover a great song, a great film, have a great experience or end up pleasantly surprised in some way. I can't imagine any better way to close out the spectacular season than with snakes, a plane and Sam Jackson.

Not to mention the fact that the Snakes On A Plane theme song (cleverly titled, "Snakes On A Plane") is so beautifully cheesy that it may knock Gnarls Barkley's "Crazy" out of the top spot for official summer jam of 2006. If you haven't yet heard this auditory orgasm then proceed to your nearest legal or illegal music source and treat yourself to what can only be described as hokey, epic goodness.

Really, these are some of the worst rock lyrics ever followed by arguably the worst hip-hop verse in history. But, when paired with the big guitars and completely over-the-top chorus it all manages to blend perfectly into what I'm really hoping will be a fairly accurate representation of the film itself. A beautifully absurd, cock-rockin' explosion.

So kiss me goodbye
Honey I'm gonna make it out alive
So kiss me goodbye
I can see the venom in your eyes

They just don't write 'em like that anymore.

So, be excited! The reptilian thrills are about to taxi down the rock-runway. But in your excitement, try to avoid going overboard... like this guy:

1 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

There's a movie that came to DVD today called Snakes on a Train. I swear!

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home