Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Happy 5th of July everyone!

Since I wasn't around yesterday to wish you all a happy fourth, allow me to take the opportunity to wish you a very happy fifth. Ahh the fifth of July, what a magnificent day. The fifth is the day when you work to recover from your post-cookout hangover, try to decide what to do with all of those baked beans and curse yourself for buying that damn many packages of "flashlight crackers" and "snap n' pops."

Everyone chooses to celebrate America's Birthday differently. Some people I know wished the USA a good one by attending parades, participating in parades, drinking beer, blowing things up and of course jumping on a plane to Oregon... the last of which probably won't be happening every year. Unfortunately, mine was rather uneventful. As some of you know from reading this, or from just personal experience, I've had quite possibly the worst week in human history. I won't go into the gory details, but I've tripped over giant stumbling blocks each and every day, all with a back injury that has left me all but incapacitated on my couch for days upon days. Yep, summer of 2006 is really off to a bang, lemmie tell ya!

But, there's good to come from all of this. Things certainly find themselves in perspective when you're having a tough week and have nothing to do except rest flat on your back, staring up at the ceiling and dwelling on your problems. Sure, I've had a few bummers thrown my way, but I'm a very fortunate person. When you consider all of the good things in life it gets considerably more difficult to find yourself overwhelmed by the bad.

Or maybe that's the Prozac talking.

Note: The above is a joke, I am not now, nor have I ever been on Prozac, so street thugs that would kick my door in for a bottle of brain-pills would be advised to try another house.

Anyway, that's about all I have for today. I apologize for the lack of updates lately, but as I covered before I've been away from the computer and just generally not in the mood. I should be back in top form by tomorrow... or maybe this afternoon... or maybe in fifteen minutes, we'll all just have to wait and see.

Currently Listening To: Tom Waits - Bad Liver and a Broken Heart

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home